Match day draw Grimsby Town first ticket - 2596, Second Ticket - 6117
Match day draw Grimsby Town first ticket - 2596, Second Ticket - 6117
Signed in as:
At the Official Supporters Club, we're delighted to be able to support local sports teams and fellow Town fans.
We've got a new advertising hoarding at the Burbage and Easton Royal Cricket Club - we know many of our supporters are also avid cricketers, so please keep an eye out if you're playing there soon.
Don't forget, if you're an Official Supporters Club member, you can request a charitable donation for a charity or community project that's important to you. All donations are made from the unclaimed matchday draw prize money throughout the season.
Following feedback we are supplying, free of charge feminine hygiene products in all ladies toilets at SN1. We don't believe you should pay for essential items. Please use these if needed!
10 Beanbags delivered for the Junior Reds Room in the Don Rogers stand.
Thanks to all of you who attended last night’s Fan’s Forum, to Clem, Rob, Sandro and Scott for their time and Vic for hosting the questions. Also, Ellis and Joe from Sir Tom Broadbent Lounge for their help fielding the questions and streaming on Twitter- a great success
The two former players talked about their time playing from their youth to joining Swindon town .
Got to hear about the players' time at the club and some of the things that when on as well as their interactions with the managers over the years.
£487 was raised for the two charity's the Down's Syndrome Association and Gig Buddies Cymru. The supporter's club has rounded this up to £500 split equally between the two haritys.
To enhance the atmosphere at a game the Official Supporters Club along with the Swindon Town Football Club have added these flags at the start of every game to welcome the players and match day officials onto the pitch.
We were delighted to host our draw winners to enjoy the day with us.
Thanks to Rachel Burt and all her team.
In the close season we were contacted by Jenn Guppy from Purton Youth FC. She was setting up the clubs first girls football team and was looking for kit sponsorship. We were delighted to get involved and join the ever-growing momentum that is women’s football in England.
We have previously supported Swindon Town Women’s FC and saw this a great opportunity to help a local team.
Jenn tells us “They are doing okay to start the season. Bringing in new players to the game at u10s was always going to be a challenge but the players keep turning up to training and to matches, so must be enjoying it!
Jenn tells us “They are doing okay to start the season. Bringing in new players to the game at u10s was always going to be a challenge but the players keep turning up to training and to matches, so must be enjoying it! We now have a team of 16 with a match squad of 13, all incredibly resilient and hard-working players who are a joy to coach. They teach me as much as I teach them.” Talking about the support from the OSC Jenn continued “Thank you again for agreeing to sponsor us. It means so much to the players and to me.”
We’d like to wish the Pumas the best of luck for the rest of the season and look forward to watching how they get on.
If you’d like more information on joining Purton Youth FC please visit.
In a recent fundraising event, a total of £234.03 was Raised for the Wiltshire Air Ambulance.
The fundraising Coordinator wrote, "Sending our best wishes from the Charity Team and Crew at Wiltshire air Ambulance"
They also sent a fundraising certificate to show how much was raised for the charity.
Fancy a good read ?
Pop into the Legends Lounge before a match!
We have second hand books on sale for a small donation. All in aid of the @DarbyRimmerMND
Best wishes to Jonny Williams, who was voted Man of the Match but was unable to join our guests after the match.
Some excellent hospitality enjoyed by our guests. The @STFCSupClub sponsored today’s game.
Some excellent hospitality enjoyed by our guests.
Our Match Day Draw winner from the Boardroom
In the dugout with Jody
Winning members in the first team dugout.
The Legends Lounge and main reception panes have been refurbished and funding from the Official Supporters Club, this reflexes our close links to the Football Club. The Supporters Club funded the two signs at a cost of £552, which the club would have had to fund itself.
Delighted to have Clem Morfuni and Rob Angus help us launch our year of fundraising for @DarbyRimmerMND.
We were also honoured to receive a video message of support from Steph Houghton.
We’ll release details of fundraising activities in the weeks to come
Following the 23/24 season ticket announcement today, we would like to share some additional detail with you regarding our involvement in these negotiations.
Over the past few weeks, the OSC committee and the Trust board have been in discussions with the club to try and agree the best possible deal for Swindon Town supporters.
While we recognise that the Cost-of-Living crisis was likely to suggest an increase to the price of season tickets, we can confirm that the prices agreed are significantly lower than the first proposal tabled by the club.
Both groups challenged hard, requesting a price freeze for renewals, a renewal window at a reduced price and improved loyalty benefits.
One significant endorsement for the OSC is that all 23/24 season ticket holders (new and renewals) will receive membership to the supporter's club at no additional cost, saving £5 on our usual membership fee.
OSC membership continues to be available for non-season-ticket holders at £5 per season, including benefits as per our website.
It cannot be stressed enough how important this arrangement is to us as a group; it enables us to offer membership benefits to a much larger portion of the fanbase and means we will represent views of a much larger percentage of supporters.
These are challenging but exciting times, and it's important that we continue to work closely with the club and our fellow supporters groups, acting as their critical friend to achieve the best outcome for supporters.
If you have any questions, please email us, and we'll endeavour to answer these, or will raise them at the next Advisory Board meeting in April.
Chair, on behalf of the OSC committee
Handing out Easter egg before the game.
Thanks to all who came to the @STFCSupClub @michaeldoughty_ event in the Legends Lounge.
A great evening, with Michael sharing some top football stories and his love of the environment.
Overall, a pretty good way of spending a Monday night.
Raising £1991 on the night.
1. In what year were Crewe Alexandra formed, and what other sport were they associated with ?
1877, they were an offshoot of the Crewe Alexandra cricket club.
2. In what year did Crewe move to Gresty Road ?
1897 to the first Gresty Road site.
3. What is Crewe’s record defeat ?
13-2 by Tottenham in an FA Cup fourth round replay.
4. What former Manchester United apprentice, who played for England in the 1990 World Cup, left Crewe for Aston Villa in 1988 ?
5. How many fans does the main stand at Gresty Road hold ?
6. Who scored the Crewe goal in their 1-0 win at the County Ground earlier this season ?
Daniel Agyei- penalty.
7. Who scored Swindon’s goal in the 1-0 win in the last game of the 1985/86 season, to wrap up a record points total of 102 ?
8. Ten years later in 1995/96, who scored the Town’s goals at Gresty Road to help them win the then division two title ?
Peter Coyne 8. Kevin Horlock, David Preece.
9. What is Swindon’s biggest league win against Crewe ?
5-0, Luongo, Ranger, Mason 3 1 penalty.
10. Which two Town players have made the most appearances for Swindon against Crewe ?
Mark Robinson and Andy Rowland with 7 apiece.
1. AFC Wimbledon started life in the Combined Counties Premier League. Where did they finish at the end of that initial season?
2. In which season were AFC Wimbledon promoted to League Two ?
2010-11 in the National League play offs.
3. Who did AFC Wimbledon play in their first game at the new Plough Lane?
Doncaster Rovers 2-2 3/11/2020.
4. Which former Swindon loanee, currently manages AFC Wimbledon?
5. What is the name of the AFC Wimbledon mascot and why?
Haydon, named after the nearby railway station Haydons Road.
6. Who did AFC Wimbledon beat in the 2016 League Two play off final and what was the score?
Plymouth Argyle 2-0.
7. Who did the Dons beat in the semi final that year and what was the aggregate score?
Accrington Stanley 3-2.
8. Where did the Dons play their home matches in the 2021-22 season, before moving back to Plough Lane?
9. Who are the current owners of AFC Wimbledon?
The Dons Trust.
10. Which former Swindon loanee, is currently No.9 for the Dons?
1. In what year was the ‘S’ removed from Hartlepool's to just Hartlepool United?
2. In what year was the club’s mascot, “H’Angus the Monkey”, elected Mayor in the Borough council elections?
3. What is Hartlepool’s record attendance?
17,426 v Manchester United 5/1/1957.
4. What was the score between Swindon and Hartlepool on the final day of the 2003-4 season, and what was its significance?
Swindon 1 Hartlepool 1. It meant both teams qualified for the end of season play-offs.
5. Which former Swindon manager led Hartlepool to promotion in 2006/7?
6. Who did Hartlepool beat in the National League play off final at Ashton Gate, to gain promotion back to the EFL ?
Torquay United on penalties.
7. Which TV presenter is club president of Hartlepool United ?
8. Who holds the club appearance record for Hartlepool United ?
Ritchie Humphreys 543.
9. How many consecutive league and cup appearances had John Trollope made for Swindon Town, before breaking his arm against Hartlepool in August 1968 ?
10. What was the score when Swindon played at Hartlepool in April 2022 ?
3-0 to Swindon. McKirdy with 2, Baudry.
1. In which major domestic cup were Rochdale runners-up in 1961/62 ?
Football League Cup, Norwich were the winners.
2. Who holds the record for the one season goalscorer for Rochdale ?
Albert Whitehurst 44 1926-27.
3. What unwanted record do Rochdale hold, regarding league status ?
36 consecutive seasons in bottom tier 1974-2010. More than any other club.
4. Which past Town players hold the Swindon record for most appearances against Rochdale ?
Leigh Barnard, Anton Rodgers, Andy Rowland- six apiece.
5. What is Swindon’s record victory against Rochdale ?
4-0 Coyne, Cole, Wade, Hockaday.
6. What was unusual about Swindon’s 2-1 win at Rochdale in March 1986 ?
It was Town’s 6th consecutive away league game. A record. Swindon won all six, the longest run of uninterrupted Town away league wins.
7. Who scored the Town goals in the 3-0 win over Rochdale earlier this season ?
Wakeling, Williams, McKirdy.
8. Which famous singer known as “the Lancashire Lass” comes from Rochdale ?
9. Who is Rochdale’s all time leading goalscorer ?
10. In what year were Rochdale formed ?
1. Leyton Orient is famous as a football club, but which sport was instrumental in its setting up ?
Founded as Glyn cricket club.
2. In what season did Leyton Orient last reach the FA Cup semi finals and who beat them ?
1977-78, Arsenal 3-0.
3. Which famous sporting promoter took over as Orient chairman in 1995?
4. The club’s mascot is called Theo, why ?
It comes from shortening the nickname The O’s.
5. Leyton Orient share an historic link with STFC, because of a trophy both clubs have won. What is that trophy ?
6. What is Orient’s record defeat ?
0-8 Aston Villa FA Cup 4th rd 30/1/1929.
7. Who are the current owners of Leyton Orient?
Eagle Investments 2017 ltd. Nigel Travis, Kent Teague.
8. What famous classical musician, is a fan of Orient ?
9. What clubs did Richie Wellens join after leaving STFC and becoming Orient’s manager?
Salford, Doncaster Rovers.
10. Which former Town player, now with Orient, recently reach 250 league games?
1. What is the original name of Salford City ?
2. Name the former Manchester United players involved at Salford City ?
Nicky Butt, Ryan Giggs, Gary Neville, Phil Neville, Paul Scholes, David Beckham.
3. What colour kit did Salford City wear, before switching to red shirts and white shorts ?
Tangerine shirts, black shorts.
4. What’s the name of the club’s anthem ?
Dirty Old Town.
5. What are the names of the club’s three mascots ?
Bobby, Billy and Babs
6. In what season did Salford win the EFL Trophy, and who was their manager ?
2019-20, Richie Wellens.
7. What was the name of the BBC documentary based on the club ?
Class of 92: Out of their league.
8. In what area of Salford is the Peninsula Stadium situated ?
9. On what shape is the current logo of Salford City based ?
The shape of the hulls of the ships in Salford Docks.
10. Why is the team nicknamed “The Ammies” ?
They were once known as Salford Amateurs.
1. What bird is featured on Walsall’s badge and why ?
They were originally called Walsall Town Swifts.
2. Which former Town player was Walsall’s player of the year in 1995/96, 96/97 ?
3. What was unusual about Trevor Anderson’s hat trick, in Swindon’s 5-1 home win in 1975/76 ?
All three were penalties.
4. Who scored the Town’s goals in the 5-0 home win over Walsall in February 2022?
Barry(2), Aguiar (2), Williams.
5. Which two members of Swindon’s victorious 1968/69 League Cup squad, also played for Walsall ?
John Smith, Willie Penman.
6. When did Walsall move from Fellow’s Park to the Bescott Stadium?
7. Which former Arsenal star managed Walsall between April 2004 and February 2006?
8. What’s the current name of Walsall’s ground?
Poundland Bescott Stadium.
9. Which former Town midfielder managed Walsall between 2021-2022?
10. In which year were Walsall formed?
1. Who was Crawley’s manager when they won 3-0 at the County Ground in 2017?
2. What TV reality star appeared in Crawley’s FA Cup victory over Leeds United in Jan 2021?
3. What season was Swindon’s first competitive match v Crawley?
2010-11( FA Cup).
4. When did Crawley enter the Football League?
5. Who was the manager at the time?
6. Who is their current (interim) manager?
7. Who scored in Swindon’s 4-0 victory at Crawley in Oct 2019?
Doyle 3, Yates.
8. Who are Crawley’s current owners?
WAGMI United – Preston Johnson and Eben Smith (chairmen).
9. What 4 players either moved on loan, or moved to or from each Club (without playing for another Club in between)?
Phil Smith, Luke Rooney, Darren Ward, Dion Conroy.
10. What is Crawley’s nickname?
The Red Devils.
1. Which team do Grimsby regard as their biggest Rivals? Scunthorpe United
2. Which famous Liverpool manager once manged Grimsby? Bill Shankly
3. Grimsby have spent a total of 12 seasons in the English top flight. What is the highest they have finished? 5th
4. He’s no Rockin Robin, but what is the name of Grimsby’s mascot? The Mighty Mariner
5. Which former Town loanee is the only Grimsby player to be named in the PFA Team of the Year? Michael Reddy
6. Between 1962 and 1968, which former England Manager made 189 for The Mariners? Graham Taylor
7. Two current members of staff at SN1 have previously played for both Swindon and Grimsby. Who are they? Lee Peacock and Steve Mildenhall
8. Swindon’s biggest victory against Grimsby came in 1968. What was the score? 5-0
9. Grimsby Town's relegation in 2010 made them the sixth club to compete in all top five divisions of English football. Who were the other 5? Wimbledon, Wigan Athletic, Carlisle United, Oxford United and Luton Town
1: Which forma Swindon manager played for Doncaster Rovers?
2: How many times have Doncaster won the Football League Trophy?
3: How much did Doncaster beat Coventry City buy in 1926?
4: For the 1930-31 season, Rovers wore red and white… what for the first time?
5: Which early 1960 striker who scored towns first ever goal in division 2 also played for Doncaster Rovers?
6: What year was the Keepmoat Stadium opened?
7: What happened to the Belle Vue’s main stand in 1995.
8: Rovers returned to the second tier for the first time in 2008 after beating which team in the final?
9: How long had it been since they were last in the second tier?
10: In a league cup replay on 11 OCT 1966, what was the score after extra time?
4 – 2 to town.
More than 200 guests packed the Legends Lounge last night, where they were able to meet the players and enjoy a two-course meal. There was also a Q&A with Chief Executive Rob Angus, quiz and raffle, while Frazer went head-to-head with teammate Sol Brynn with some Swindon Town-themed questions testing their knowledge, with our star stopper coming out on top!
The Robins ace, who made his loan move from Burton Albion permanent in January, scooped three of the four awards presented to players for their performances over the campaign.
A huge thank you to the Supporters Club and our host for the evening, Vic Morgan, for organizing such a fantastic spectacle that was enjoyed by all.
Four honours were presented on the night, all of which were Player of the Season awards voted for by the Supporters Club themselves, the Swindon Advertiser, our Disabled Supporters Club and SAS Travel. The awards are as follows:
Swindon Advertiser Player of the Season:
Winner: Frazer Blake-Tracy
SAS Travel Player of the Season:
• Third place: Jonny Williams
• Second place: Sol Brynn
• Winner: Frazer Blake-Tracy
Disabled Supporters Club Player of the Season:
• Second place: Frazer Blake-Tracy
• First place: Jonny Williams
Official Supporters Club Player of the Season:
• Joint second place: Sol Brynn and Jonny Williams •
First place: Frazer Blake-Tracy
The STFC Official Supporters Club
Copyright © 2023 The STFC Official Supporters Club - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy