Match day draw Crawley First ticket - 3415, Second Ticket - 3521, third ticket - 4152
Match day draw Crawley First ticket - 3415, Second Ticket - 3521, third ticket - 4152
Signed in as:
1. In what year were Crewe Alexandra formed, and what other sport were they associated with ?
1877, they were an offshoot of the Crewe Alexandra cricket club.
2. In what year did Crewe move to Gresty Road ?
1897 to the first Gresty Road site.
3. What is Crewe’s record defeat ?
13-2 by Tottenham in an FA Cup fourth round replay.
4. What former Manchester United apprentice, who played for England in the 1990 World Cup, left Crewe for Aston Villa in 1988 ?
5. How many fans does the main stand at Gresty Road hold ?
6. Who scored the Crewe goal in their 1-0 win at the County Ground earlier this season ?
Daniel Agyei- penalty.
7. Who scored Swindon’s goal in the 1-0 win in the last game of the 1985/86 season, to wrap up a record points total of 102 ?
8. Ten years later in 1995/96, who scored the Town’s goals at Gresty Road to help them win the then division two title ?
Peter Coyne 8. Kevin Horlock, David Preece.
9. What is Swindon’s biggest league win against Crewe ?
5-0, Luongo, Ranger, Mason 3 1 penalty.
10. Which two Town players have made the most appearances for Swindon against Crewe ?
Mark Robinson and Andy Rowland with 7 apiece.
1. AFC Wimbledon started life in the Combined Counties Premier League. Where did they finish at the end of that initial season?
2. In which season were AFC Wimbledon promoted to League Two ?
2010-11 in the National League play offs.
3. Who did AFC Wimbledon play in their first game at the new Plough Lane?
Doncaster Rovers 2-2 3/11/2020.
4. Which former Swindon loanee, currently manages AFC Wimbledon?
5. What is the name of the AFC Wimbledon mascot and why?
Haydon, named after the nearby railway station Haydons Road.
6. Who did AFC Wimbledon beat in the 2016 League Two play off final and what was the score?
Plymouth Argyle 2-0.
7. Who did the Dons beat in the semi final that year and what was the aggregate score?
Accrington Stanley 3-2.
8. Where did the Dons play their home matches in the 2021-22 season, before moving back to Plough Lane?
9. Who are the current owners of AFC Wimbledon?
The Dons Trust.
10. Which former Swindon loanee, is currently No.9 for the Dons?
1. In what year was the ‘S’ removed from Hartlepool's to just Hartlepool United?
2. In what year was the club’s mascot, “H’Angus the Monkey”, elected Mayor in the Borough council elections?
3. What is Hartlepool’s record attendance?
17,426 v Manchester United 5/1/1957.
4. What was the score between Swindon and Hartlepool on the final day of the 2003-4 season, and what was its significance?
Swindon 1 Hartlepool 1. It meant both teams qualified for the end of season play-offs.
5. Which former Swindon manager led Hartlepool to promotion in 2006/7?
6. Who did Hartlepool beat in the National League play off final at Ashton Gate, to gain promotion back to the EFL ?
Torquay United on penalties.
7. Which TV presenter is club president of Hartlepool United ?
8. Who holds the club appearance record for Hartlepool United ?
Ritchie Humphreys 543.
9. How many consecutive league and cup appearances had John Trollope made for Swindon Town, before breaking his arm against Hartlepool in August 1968 ?
10. What was the score when Swindon played at Hartlepool in April 2022 ?
3-0 to Swindon. McKirdy with 2, Baudry.
1. In which major domestic cup were Rochdale runners-up in 1961/62 ?
Football League Cup, Norwich were the winners.
2. Who holds the record for the one season goalscorer for Rochdale ?
Albert Whitehurst 44 1926-27.
3. What unwanted record do Rochdale hold, regarding league status ?
36 consecutive seasons in bottom tier 1974-2010. More than any other club.
4. Which past Town players hold the Swindon record for most appearances against Rochdale ?
Leigh Barnard, Anton Rodgers, Andy Rowland- six apiece.
5. What is Swindon’s record victory against Rochdale ?
4-0 Coyne, Cole, Wade, Hockaday.
6. What was unusual about Swindon’s 2-1 win at Rochdale in March 1986 ?
It was Town’s 6th consecutive away league game. A record. Swindon won all six, the longest run of uninterrupted Town away league wins.
7. Who scored the Town goals in the 3-0 win over Rochdale earlier this season ?
Wakeling, Williams, McKirdy.
8. Which famous singer known as “the Lancashire Lass” comes from Rochdale ?
9. Who is Rochdale’s all time leading goalscorer ?
10. In what year were Rochdale formed ?
1. Leyton Orient is famous as a football club, but which sport was instrumental in its setting up ?
Founded as Glyn cricket club.
2. In what season did Leyton Orient last reach the FA Cup semi finals and who beat them ?
1977-78, Arsenal 3-0.
3. Which famous sporting promoter took over as Orient chairman in 1995?
4. The club’s mascot is called Theo, why ?
It comes from shortening the nickname The O’s.
5. Leyton Orient share an historic link with STFC, because of a trophy both clubs have won. What is that trophy ?
6. What is Orient’s record defeat ?
0-8 Aston Villa FA Cup 4th rd 30/1/1929.
7. Who are the current owners of Leyton Orient?
Eagle Investments 2017 ltd. Nigel Travis, Kent Teague.
8. What famous classical musician, is a fan of Orient ?
9. What clubs did Richie Wellens join after leaving STFC and becoming Orient’s manager?
Salford, Doncaster Rovers.
10. Which former Town player, now with Orient, recently reach 250 league games?
1. What is the original name of Salford City ?
2. Name the former Manchester United players involved at Salford City ?
Nicky Butt, Ryan Giggs, Gary Neville, Phil Neville, Paul Scholes, David Beckham.
3. What colour kit did Salford City wear, before switching to red shirts and white shorts ?
Tangerine shirts, black shorts.
4. What’s the name of the club’s anthem ?
Dirty Old Town.
5. What are the names of the club’s three mascots ?
Bobby, Billy and Babs
6. In what season did Salford win the EFL Trophy, and who was their manager ?
2019-20, Richie Wellens.
7. What was the name of the BBC documentary based on the club ?
Class of 92: Out of their league.
8. In what area of Salford is the Peninsula Stadium situated ?
9. On what shape is the current logo of Salford City based ?
The shape of the hulls of the ships in Salford Docks.
10. Why is the team nicknamed “The Ammies” ?
They were once known as Salford Amateurs.
1. What bird is featured on Walsall’s badge and why ?
They were originally called Walsall Town Swifts.
2. Which former Town player was Walsall’s player of the year in 1995/96, 96/97 ?
3. What was unusual about Trevor Anderson’s hat trick, in Swindon’s 5-1 home win in 1975/76 ?
All three were penalties.
4. Who scored the Town’s goals in the 5-0 home win over Walsall in February 2022?
Barry(2), Aguiar (2), Williams.
5. Which two members of Swindon’s victorious 1968/69 League Cup squad, also played for Walsall ?
John Smith, Willie Penman.
6. When did Walsall move from Fellow’s Park to the Bescott Stadium?
7. Which former Arsenal star managed Walsall between April 2004 and February 2006?
8. What’s the current name of Walsall’s ground?
Poundland Bescott Stadium.
9. Which former Town midfielder managed Walsall between 2021-2022?
10. In which year were Walsall formed?
1. Who was Crawley’s manager when they won 3-0 at the County Ground in 2017?
2. What TV reality star appeared in Crawley’s FA Cup victory over Leeds United in Jan 2021?
3. What season was Swindon’s first competitive match v Crawley?
2010-11( FA Cup).
4. When did Crawley enter the Football League?
5. Who was the manager at the time?
6. Who is their current (interim) manager?
7. Who scored in Swindon’s 4-0 victory at Crawley in Oct 2019?
Doyle 3, Yates.
8. Who are Crawley’s current owners?
WAGMI United – Preston Johnson and Eben Smith (chairmen).
9. What 4 players either moved on loan, or moved to or from each Club (without playing for another Club in between)?
Phil Smith, Luke Rooney, Darren Ward, Dion Conroy.
10. What is Crawley’s nickname?
The Red Devils.
1. Which team do Grimsby regard as their biggest Rivals? Scunthorpe United
2. Which famous Liverpool manager once manged Grimsby? Bill Shankly
3. Grimsby have spent a total of 12 seasons in the English top flight. What is the highest they have finished? 5th
4. He’s no Rockin Robin, but what is the name of Grimsby’s mascot? The Mighty Mariner
5. Which former Town loanee is the only Grimsby player to be named in the PFA Team of the Year? Michael Reddy
6. Between 1962 and 1968, which former England Manager made 189 for The Mariners? Graham Taylor
7. Two current members of staff at SN1 have previously played for both Swindon and Grimsby. Who are they? Lee Peacock and Steve Mildenhall
8. Swindon’s biggest victory against Grimsby came in 1968. What was the score? 5-0
9. Grimsby Town's relegation in 2010 made them the sixth club to compete in all top five divisions of English football. Who were the other 5? Wimbledon, Wigan Athletic, Carlisle United, Oxford United and Luton Town
10. Since their relegation there have been three other teams to compete in all six division? Who are they? Leyton Orient, Notts County and Oldham Athletic
1: Which forma Swindon manager played for Doncaster Rovers?
2: How many times have Doncaster won the Football League Trophy?
3: How much did Doncaster beat Coventry City buy in 1926?
4: For the 1930-31 season, Rovers wore red and white… what for the first time?
5: Which early 1960 striker who scored towns first ever goal in division 2 also played for Doncaster Rovers?
6: What year was the Keepmoat Stadium opened?
7: What happened to the Belle Vue’s main stand in 1995.
8: Rovers returned to the second tier for the first time in 2008 after beating which team in the final?
9: How long had it been since they were last in the second tier?
10: In a league cup replay on 11 OCT 1966, what was the score after extra time?
4 – 2 to town.
The Sulphurites (named by supporters because Harrogate is a spa town with ‘sulphur water’.
Bradford City, Swindon Town, Bristol Rovers
Cheltenham, Cambridge United and Bolton Wanderers
Exeter City – who were last outside the division in 2011/12 when they were relegated from League 1
Saturday 30th July 2022 (due to the 2022 World Cup taking in place in Qatar across November/December)
9 goals - Forest Green Rovers 6 v Crawley Town 3
The STFC Official Supporters Club
Copyright © 2023 The STFC Official Supporters Club - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy